Updated 2022 – Masks – No Masks? Just be safe. Protocols are changing while the Bay Area Real Estate Market is robust as always.
We’ve honed our craft and developed some best practices during quarantine.
Buying Real Estate
The Bay Area Real Estate Market is one of the strongest and most competitive markets in America. Only the MOST prepared buyers are successful. The market can move fast. Being prepared is key.
Steps on How to Buy During Shelter in Place while Following Social Distancing:
- In order to gain access to show a home, our buyers must be at minimum Pre-Approved for their home loan(a pre-qualification is not sufficient). Be prepared to provide Proof of Funds for each offer we write (gather your bank statements). All funds for the purchase must be in your name.
- However – to be the winning offer The Caton Team requests our client’s loan be beyond approved but Underwritten. This is a fully completed approval process with a lender COMMITMENT LETTER. This is BEST and it allows you to write the strongest offer and know their loan is secure*. As a Buyer, you will be in a multiple offer situation with almost every home on the market – the strength of your Loan is key for success. Sellers will tally your proof of funds and speak to your lender directly.
2) As your Realtors we are your direct contact to set up all appointments upon loan approval. Please reserve one day a week (Tuesday – Thursday) to view homes with us. Homes have their own schedules and it is best we have one day we can rely on. Fridays and weekends are reserved to write offers with most offers due on Monday or Tuesday. Offer writing takes a minimum of 1 full day – 2 days is more realistic and grants time to review things at a kinder pace. We will line up homes to view on then you decide your course of action. Some homes take offers as they come, others set an offer date. It is best to view the homes you are considering an offer on together. Being prepared to write an offer before you start house shopping is imperative. We also recommend our clients be proactive in their home purchase and drive-by areas they do not know and review disclosures upfront. Our professional standards have turned all our buyers into homeowners from 1-3 offers. We look forward to being of service. Contact us with any questions.
Some Best Practices are:
- Buyers must drive their own cars, and wear their masks according to local ordinance. We do bring sanitizer. We do not provide booties though some homes will. Homes WILL NOT be cleaned in-between showings.
- Be prepared to act quickly. We’ve successfully represented several buyers and sellers during our 40+ year combined career. Each client is unique and so is our Real Estate game plan. We look forward to being of service.
Got Real Estate Questions? The Caton Team is here to help.
We strive to be more than just Realtors – we are also your home resource. If you have any real estate questions, concerns, need a referral or some guidance – we are here for you. Contact us at your convenience – we are but a call, text or click away!
The Caton Team believes, in order to be successful in the San Fransisco | Peninsula | Bay Area | Silicon Valley Real Estate Market we have to think and act differently. We do this by positioning our clients in the strongest light, representing them with the utmost integrity, while strategically maneuvering through negotiations and contracts. Together we make dreams come true. How can The Caton Team help you?
A mother and daughter-in-law team with over 35 years of combined, local Real Estate experience and knowledge – would’t you like The Caton Team to represent you? Let us know how we can be of service. Contact us any time.
The Caton Team – Susan & Sabrina
A Family of Realtors
Effective. Efficient. Responsive.
What can we do for you?
Want Real Estate Info on the Go? Download our FREE Real Estate App: Mobile Real Estate by The Caton Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – Drysdale Properties
DRE # |Sabrina 01413526 | Susan 01238225 | Team 70000218 |Office 01499008
The Caton Team does not receive compensation for any posts. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Third party information not verified.