Congratulations – you’ve found a home you’d like to write an offer on. This is very exciting! The first step before writing an offer is to review the disclosures that have been provided by the seller in advance (if given the opportunity). Here are the instructions on how to go about reviewing the disclosures package & preparing yourself to write an offer.
1. Grab a highlighter, pen, paper & post-it notes.
2. You will need to read & review the entire disclosure package before we get together.
3. We will review your questions & concerns before we write an offer & answer them as best we can & make notes to ask the seller, inspectors & the listing agent during your contingency period.
4. Please DO NOT WRITE on the disclosures – it is OK to use a highlighter. Write you questions & concerns on a separate piece of paper & use post-it notes.
5. As you read each page, most forms will have a “Buyers Initials” or “Buyers Signature” at the bottom of each page. PLEASE SIGN & INITIAL WHERE REQUESTED after you have read & reviewed the page. Please note – regardless if you “like or dislike” what you are reading – you will need to initial & sign where necessary. The purpose of the disclosures package is to inform you of any known defects upfront. How we (your buyers agents & you) go about repairing/correcting said issues is part of the contract & negotiations.
6. You will need to sign ALL upfront disclosures before we write the offer – doing so in advance will shave 1 to 2 hours from our appointment. Giving us more time to discuss your options.
7. Once we’ve discussed your questions & concerns you can make an educated decision on how much you want to offer & what issues you want clarified or corrected.
8. Please allow 2-4 hours for our offer appointment.
9. Bring the signed Disclosure Package to our appointment.
Please Bring With You the Following:
- Copy of you Bank Statement showing Proof of Down Payment & Closing Costs
- Loan Approval Letter
- CHECK BOOK!!!!! Please remember that your good faith deposit of up to 3% of the Purchase Price must be available funds
Got Questions – The Caton Team is here to help. Email us @ Info@TheCatonTeam.com or visit our website at http://thecatonteam.com/
To read my personal journey through homeownership – visit http://ajourneythroughhomeownership.wordpress.com/ Enjoy!