Many Real Estate investors, priced out of the Bay Area but savey enough to know that Real Estate is a solid, long term investment are migrating outside the Bay for oppotunities. The moment local buyers start seeing the homes and prices just a few hours away from here – they start to get really excited about the prospect of owning Real Estate.
It’s one thing to buy a home you plan on living in. It’s another thing to buy a home you plan on renting out – even if the end game is moving in down the line.
Here is a short list of things to consider when buying investment property:
- How strong is the rental market in the area I am looking in?
- What are rents going for?
- What have they gone for?
- What is the forecast of the rental market?
- Will the cost of the rent cover the mortgage, insurance and upkeep?
- What happens when I loose a tentant?
- Do I have enough rainy day money to cover the loss of rent and tenant percurment?
- How much does home maintenance cost for a rental property?
- Will I be the landlord who fixes items – or will I want a property manager?
- Will I manage the home myself?
- Will I find a tenant on my own?
- Will I draft my own contracts?
- How much does a property manager cost?
- What services do they provide?
- What happens when something breaks?
- Will you go fix it?
- Can you afford to fix? – By the way YOU have to fix it.
- Do you want to be a landlord?
The list goes on. Bottom line, sit down and talk with a Realtor you trust. If you don’t know one – The Caton Team would love to interview for the job. We can help you understand the local markets and refer you to local Realtors that can help you make an educated decision. Apps and the net are great for information but nothing beats real world experiance.
Got Questions – The Caton Team is here to help.
We strive to be more than just Realtors – we are also your home resource. If you have any real estate questions, concerns, need a referral or some guidance – we are here for you. Contact us at your convenience – we are but a call, text or click away!
The Caton Team believes, in order to be successful in the San Fransisco | Peninsula | Bay Area | Silicon Valley Real Estate Market we have to think and act differently. We do this by positioning our clients in the strongest light, representing them with the upmost integrity, while strategically maneuvering through negotiations and contracts. Together we make dreams come true.
A mother and daughter-in-law team with over 35 years of combined, local Real Estate experience and knowledge – would’t you like The Caton Team to represent you? Let us know how we can be of service. Contact us any time.
Email Sabrina & Susan at: Info@TheCatonTeam.com
Call us at: 650-568-5522 Office: 650-365-9200
The Caton Team – Susan & Sabrina
A Family of Realtors
Effective. Efficient. Responsive.
What can we do for you?
Want Real Estate Info on the Go? Download our FREE Real Estate App: Mobile Real Estate by The Caton Team
Thanks for reading – I wrote this – Sabrina
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – Drysdale Properties
Sabrina DRE# 01413526 / Susan DRE #01238225 / Team DRE# 70000218/ Office DRE #01499008
The Caton Team does not receive compensation for any posts. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Third party information not verified.