If you’re itching to remodel but the budget just won’t allow it, these inexpensive fixes from Better Homes & Gardens Magazine may help give you the look and efficiency you want with price tags of under $150:
- Shelving for extra storage – Take advantage of small, unclaimed wall or corner space in your kitchen and add open shelving to hold dishes, cookware and spices within easy reach. Embellish plain shelves with decorative brackets, and if you entertain often, add a wine rack.
- Upgrade cabinets with molding – Plain, personality-less kitchen cabinets take on new sophistication with the simple addition of molding at the edges. You can do it yourself with a little guidance from home store designers.
- Restore the floor – The warmth and versatility of wood is incomparable, but exposure to dirt and foot traffic can leave it looking dull. Restore the shine factor and give a room a whole new look by polishing the floor with a product specifically designed for hardwood floors.
- Give the fireplace a lift – Give a dated brick fireplace a modern makeover with a fresh coat of paint. Start by thoroughly cleaning the brick to loosen grime. Apply a stain-blocking primer, then paint with a high-gloss paint.
- Add crown molding – Crown molding on walls, doors and ceiling makes any living space look finished and luxurious. You can transform a room with trim in a weekend with affordable, off-the-rack moldings from a local home improvement center.
- Try Roman shades – Give windows a custom look at a low price with do-it-yourself window treatments. With a mini-blind and mid-weight upholstery fabric, you can create a charming roman shade to block out sun and boost your décor.
- Hassle-free game area – Create a dedicated zone to serve as a central spot for the games, movies and music your family uses most often. A media cabinet with divided shelves should keep it all neat – or use a bookcase with a combination of bins and baskets to keep everything organized and ready.
I read this article at: HERE
Got Real Estate Questions? The Caton Team is here to help.
We strive to be more than just Realtors – we are also your home resource. If you have any real estate questions, concerns, need a referral or some guidance – we are here for you. Contact us at your convenience – we are but a call, text or click away!
The Caton Team believes, in order to be successful in the San Fransisco | Peninsula | Bay Area | Silicon Valley Real Estate Market we have to think and act differently. We do this by positioning our clients in the strongest light, representing them with the utmost integrity, while strategically maneuvering through negotiations and contracts. Together we make dreams come true.
A mother and daughter-in-law team with over 35 years of combined, local Real Estate experience and knowledge – would’t you like The Caton Team to represent you? Let us know how we can be of service. Contact us any time.
Call | Text | Sabrina 650.799.4333 | Susan 650.796.0654
Email | Info@TheCatonTeam.com
The Caton Team – Susan & Sabrina
A Family of Realtors
Effective. Efficient. Responsive.
What can we do for you?
Want Real Estate Info on the Go? Download our FREE Real Estate App: Mobile Real Estate by The Caton Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – Drysdale Properties
DRE # |Sabrina 01413526 | Susan 01238225 | Team 70000218 |Office 01499008
The Caton Team does not receive compensation for any posts. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Third party information not verified.