Don’t Forget to Spring Forward and set your clock one hour ahead for Dayight Savings Time on Sunday March 14 2021.
Home Maintenance Tasks for Spring
Unless you are in Arizona or Hawaii, it’s time to move the clocks forward one hour and gain a bit more daylight in the evening. The start of Daylight Saving time is also a great time to perform simple yet important home maintenance tasks and safety inspections.
- Test your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide (CO) detector and replace batteries if needed. Replace smoke alarms every 10 years and CO detectors every 5 years.
- Clean out your dryer venting to reduce the risk of dryer fires and help keep your dryer working at maximum efficiency.
- Inspect your fire extinguisher to ensure it is fully charged and recharge or replace as needed.
- Vacuum dust from your refrigerator coils to help keep it running efficiently. Condenser coils are either located at the back of your refrigerator or across the bottom, behind a grille.
- Replace filters as needed – It’s important to inspect and replace the filters in your central heat and air unit often, but are you overlooking other filters? Other items that need regular maintenance include water filters (including refrigerator water and ice dispensers), front-loading washing machine drain pump filters, air humidifier/dehumidifiers, air purifies, vacuum, and HEPA filters. Check manufacturer instructions for suggested maintenance.
- Flip your mattress to help it wear more evenly. If you have a pillow top mattress you can rotate it instead of flipping it.
Daylight Saving Tip
The downside of the transition to Daylight Saving time is that we lose an hour of sleep. To make the transition a little easier, make an extra effort to be well-rested the week before. Try going to bed and putting your children to bed 15 minutes earlier each night, starting several days before the change.
I read this article at: HERE
Got Real Estate Questions? The Caton Team is here to help.
We strive to be more than just Realtors – we are also your home resource. If you have any real estate questions, concerns, need a referral or some guidance – we are here for you. Contact us at your convenience – we are but a call, text or click away!
The Caton Team believes, in order to be successful in the San Fransisco | Peninsula | Bay Area | Silicon Valley Real Estate Market we have to think and act differently. We do this by positioning our clients in the strongest light, representing them with the utmost integrity, while strategically maneuvering through negotiations and contracts. Together we make dreams come true.
A mother and daughter-in-law team with over 35 years of combined, local Real Estate experience and knowledge – would’t you like The Caton Team to represent you? Let us know how we can be of service. Contact us any time.
Call | Text | Sabrina 650.799.4333 | Susan 650.796.0654
Email | Info@TheCatonTeam.com
The Caton Team – Susan & Sabrina
A Family of Realtors
Effective. Efficient. Responsive.
What can we do for you?
The Caton Team Testimonials | The Caton Team Blog – The Real Estate Beat | TheCatonTeam.com | Facebook | Instagram | HomeSnap | Pintrest | LinkedIN Sabrina | LinkedIN Susan
Want Real Estate Info on the Go? Download our FREE Real Estate App: Mobile Real Estate by The Caton Team
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices – Drysdale Properties
DRE # |Sabrina 01413526 | Susan 01238225 | Team 70000218 |Office 01499008
The Caton Team does not receive compensation for any posts. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Third party information not verified.
You must be logged in to post a comment.